Abbey College Manchester is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff to share this commitment.
Current Vacant Posts
Teacher of Science
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and well-qualified Teacher of Science to join our team from 1st September 2017. Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Delivering high quality lessons in GCSE Chemistry and Physics and ideally some components of Level 3 as well
- Facilitating the college’s goal of high student academic achievement
- Informing parents about student progress
- Engaging in the college’s pastoral care for all students in the college
- Organising and assessing coursework and practical work where applicable in liaison with the Head of Department
- Taking part in training and development
To apply: Please download, fill in and send the Job Application and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Forms by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Liz Elam, Principal, Abbey College Manchester, 5-7 Cheapside, off King Street, Manchester M2 4WG.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th May (5.00pm)
Host families required
The college is also looking for families who wish to host international students. This will be for placements beginning at the end of August 2016 and lasting for the full academic year.
For further information about how to become a host family please contact Marc Arrowsmith on 0161 817 2700.