22nd November 13
A group of GCSE, BTEC and A-Level students were in chocolate heaven when they visited Cadbury World in Bourneville near Birmingham. It was a fantastic and educational experience for the students who learned about different aspects of the business operation such as manufacturing, marketing, packaging, and presentation, as well as evaluating the factors used in determining where to site the factory.
During the course of the visit the students specifically learned about the following:-
• The origins of the Cadbury story in the jungles of Mexico
• The inspirational story of John Cadbury and his two sons who built their factory on a greenfield site
• The manufacturing process and the ingredients used in it
• The different brands within the Cadbury’s umbrella
• How the products are wrapped and packaged
• How the advertisements and general marketing of the company have developed through the years, and
• How delicious the chocolate is to taste!